The job of sports betting manager is under a broader category of Gaming Managers actually.
Basically, it is them who are planning, directing or coordinating gaming operations in a game house, formulate rules and whatnot.
Delegating Tasks from a Single Person
But of course, it isn’t the only thing that they do. There’s more and the rest are bulleted.
- Providing resolutions on complaints about problems similar to payout errors
- Explaining and interpreting house rules similar to betting limits or game rules
- Training new workers or evaluating overall performance
- Preparing station arrangements and work schedules and monitoring attendance records
- Removing or banning suspected cheaters like card counters or similar players
- Maintaining familiarity with games in the floor and other tricks or strategies applied in those games
- Supervising gaming tables to ensure that all operations are properly conducted
- Keeping track of staffs to ensure that tables and games are manned properly for every shift, arranging breaks and staff rotations and finding substitute employees
- Interviewing and hiring workers
- Setting and maintaining bank as well as table limit for every game
Long story short, a sports betting manager is one of the primary weapons of a casino to ensure that the business and its patrons are getting the service they expected.